Thursday, March 26, 2009

Random Act of Gratitude #85: Awakening with Sarah

Now doesn't that sound shifty!

Tonight Sarah and I were off to see Spring Awakening in Toronto. This was Sarah's birthday gift to me.

We had dinner at The Pickle Barrel, Sarah having the rather amusing-to-watch-her-eating-it Thai Lettuce Wraps while I had the delicious Luau Chicken Salad. For dessert we shared the dessert sampler, which was a bit of a let-down. Avoid the carrot cake at all costs, as it seems to have been made in the summer of 1987.

The show was great, if not always "pleasant". The staging, in particular, was amazing -- a very contemporary style of storytelling that is both challenging and character-driven. Of course, this seemed to be missed by the girl beside Sarah (who spent the show sending text messages) and the three behind me (who just didn't get it). Haha!

Thanks, Sarah!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Hehe. I like this title. Would love to hear about the show!

Sonya said...

Hmm...this is evidence that you never listen to me... I've warned you about the carrot cake sampler before... (oh well, serves you right for two-timing me - ha!)