Sunday, March 22, 2009

Random Act of Gratitude #81: Phone a Friend

How embarassing! I spent that time catching up and then forgot to post today! It's being corrected right now.

Sometimes one needs a friend who is just a phonecall away. Occasionally -- not often, but occasionally -- one needs a friend who is just a phonecall away ... several times in one day.

Mostly, though, one needs that friend to be tolerant and just laugh at the multiple calls.

Maybe it was the cooped-up stir-crazy world in which I've been living for several days, but when little amusing / entertaining / head-shaking things kept coming up in tiny pockets over the course of the day, things that only my friend McJohn could fully appreciate and laugh / smile / shake his head at, I had to pick up the phone. It's just logical, right?

Needless to say, after being cooped up and feeling like poop for so long, entertaining contact with the outside world was ... well ... entertaining and a welcome diversion. And he was polite enough to not tell me to shut up and stop calling with stupid news.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

You chose wisely not to call me then... Ha!