Monday, March 23, 2009

Random Act of Gratitude #82: One More Day to Recover

Today I was thankfully to take as a sick day, thanks to a very supportive administrator. I had sincerely hoped to be sufficiently recovered to go to work but as became evident last night, it was pushing it.

Today, instead, I spent a good twelve hours or so sleeping. That's right. Sleeping.

I went to bed last night, woke up for one of those "Um ... everything alright?" calls from Sarah (because those who knew I was off sick weren't available at the time) and then went back to bed, expecting to sleep for another couple of hours. Or, as it turns out, to sleep until the early afternoon.

Am I back to "normal"? Not really. Am I better? Good enough to go to work tomorrow? Yep. WAAAAAAY better. I still have a cough and some sinus-related issues, but I shouldn't be useless.

I'm generally a pretty quick heal when it comes to sickness, but this one is really dragging out in a big day. This extra day certainly helped a lot, though. Thanks, kind administrator who made it happen!

No comments: