Monday, March 2, 2009

Random Act of Gratitude #61: An Evening With Laura

Tonight I had the immense pleasure of hanging out with my dear friend Laura. She was once the secretary (or administrative assistant, or whatever) at work but moved to another school a few years ago (much to my dismay). Tonight we finally got it together to get together and catch up. Yes, with the blessing of her family, we had a lovely evening of dinner and a movie.

Now, if Laura can forgive the unseemly display of me trying to eat a wrap at dinner while also fishing chopped tomatoes out of it with my fork -- we're talking a serious lack of dignity here -- then there's hope for the human race yet. She forewarned me that she might be a bit enthusiastic about eating popcorn at the movies, but let's be honest: it held no candle to the spectacle of my eating habits this evening. Mortifying. Haha!

In any case, it was great to catch up and hang out again. Thanks, Laura!

No comments: