Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Random Act of Gratitude #70: Productivity

My "Wednesday Job" was surprisingly enjoyable today, but not for any earth-shattering reason. Put simply, it was so nice to sit down at the computer and work for long stretches and feel a sense of progress being made.

I was talking with Glynnis about how different from "regular days" it is when I'm working on Wednesdays, to get going on things and not be glancing at the clock every five minutes to see how much time's left before I have to pack up and get back to other things. That's pretty much they way things work the rest of the time. Short packages of time to get things done makes it hard, sometimes, to really feel like you've made headway on the piles of work waiting.

Today was largely made up of un-interrupted periods of time to just work away at a couple of the projects I've got underway. I didn't necessarily have to do anything particularly challenging or mind-bending over the day; simply getting through a big chunk of work was pretty darned nice.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

That is such a satisfying feeling!