Sunday, March 15, 2009

Random Act of Gratitude #74: Another Author

I finally made it back to church after having missed it for several weeks thanks to a variety of things (including illness and meetings) kept me away.

The timing was great, because folks I know from up where my parents live were there and I got to chat with them a bit.

I also got to talk with the lovely Jean who told me her book is shortly to be published. Jean is a wonderful woman who has been working on a book about local history which a regional historical society has decided to publish. It's small in the world of book releases, but it's been so great seeing it come together over the time, hearing Jean talk with a great sparkle in her eyes about the researching and writing she's been doing. Her love for the project will definitely make me excited to read it when it's out.

I'm so thankful to have people around me who are are writing and getting their stuff out there (even if I'm not -- ha!). Their joy is my joy, and though that sounds rather Pollyanna-esque, it's still the case.

No comments: