Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Random Act of Gratitude #63: New Laptop for Work

Today I received the new laptop to go with my Wednesday job at the board office. What this means is that my work can travel with me more easily, that I will be able to print from the laptop more easily, and that I won't have to keep going to get that darned key on a mini-hockey stick to swipe one of the loaners every time I'm at the office. Ha!

The particularly nice thing is that some of the projects I'm working on will be requiring a lot of fonts and photographs which I will be able to put on that computer and work with them until I'm done, plus I'll be able to work on things at home, too, away from the network. (On a loaner like I've been using, the fonts I've been compiling would be lost every time I have to trade it in to get a new one.) I know it sounds pretty lame, but it's just going to make things easier all around for working on getting things done, at work or at home. Gerda (my big boss) even got me a swanky backpack laptop case to travel with me. (She seemed concerned that it's not a Superman backpack, but I assured her that I understand and it's fine.)

I won't even get into the joy I feel at the fact that it actually holds a charge for more than five minutes. Haha!

I feel so officially office-y now!

1 comment:

albie said...

Just make sure you don't get too attached to being officey....we'd be SO saddened...