Sunday, March 8, 2009

Random Act of Gratitude #67: A Surprising Burst of Purple

Out of the blue, Sonya asked whether I wanted to go and see The Color Purple in Toronto. Um .... let me think for a mome-- YEAH!

It seems her original companion to the show canceled on her so I got to benefit! Woohoo!

The show wasn't without its flaws, but the music was incredible, there were some really great performances, particularly from Felicia P. Fields as Sofia. It reminded me how much I love the story (I've both read the book and seen the movie) and that I really need to read / view it again. Naturally, hanging out with Sonya for lunch and a show isn't bad, either.

Thanks, Sonya, yet again!

5 comments:

Keltie said...

I REALLY enjoyed the book, although the movie is one of those rare ones that is equally as good, even if slightly changed in places.

Sonya said...

Don't thank me, thank my first choice that dumped me at the last minute - ha!

Johnny said...

How did I not know about this blog?

I feel like there's been a gaping hole void of Jerome.

*wonders if Keltie has a secret blog*

PS, Yay for Purple. I wish I could see it. I have a friend who's working in costuming for the production but even he can't get tickets. poo.

Keltie said...

I don't *think* I have a secret blog. Unless you just don't know about one of them and therefore it is unknown to you, thus appearing secret!

Keltie said...

I have two! But the only one I write in currently is http://idwiyo.blogspot.com these days.