Friday, March 6, 2009

Random Act of Gratitude #65: Old Folks at the Piano

It seems like I'm spending as much time apologizing for being behind as I am actually writing here. So, once again, I apologize and I'll be sure to catch up soon.

Following a delicious dinner (some sort of salad with goat's cheese ... yum) with Dennis and Jackie and a very amusing waitress, we headed off to the piano bar to join some other friends (Betsy and Maryanne with others dropping by later) for an evening with the old folks.

If you've never done the piano bar thing, you are missing out. It's largely a senior set and they're so much fun, singing oldies as a group and then heading up to sing their "signature" songs as solos. Norm's Fiddler on the Roof medley is worth the trip alone. Haha!

This time I got off easy, singing just one number (I no longer have a choice if they realize that I've arrived) and hearing Betsy do two numbers which were amazing, even with laryngitis!

A good time was had, indeed.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Well...? Don't leave us hanging... what's the one number?