Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Random Act of Gratitude #76: Wee Weight Loss

Alright, I am clearly not exactly overweight, so let's get that out of the way right now. I don't have an eating disorder or body dysmorphic disorder.

But the truth of the matter is that I don't eat particularly well (meaning healthfully) and over the course of the past few months I've gained a bit of needless weight. I like to refer to this as "Meat Pie Weight" in reference to the numerous meat pies (and hefty meat pies, might I add) which I ate onstage during Sweeney. In reality, of course, it's really Meat-Pie-and-Christmas-and-Some-Months-of-Eating-Too-Much-Drive-Through-Before-That weight.

Well, a few weeks ago I decided that I needed to do something about it. To that end, I visited the grocery store more than usual (and by usual I mean 'once a month') and deliberately ate less drive-through food.

Let me be clear about one more thing: I did not -- nor do I expect to -- stop eating drive-through food. It's too darned delicious and I don't want to lose my will to live. I also refuse to blame fast food for the choices I make. (Little editorial there.) What I did do was make sure I had lunch to take to school (rather than popping out for fast food), eating more salads (thank you, pre-washed salad in a box!), and exercising restraing with snacking, no small feat when I'm in the midst of enough paperwork to kill a horse.

As a result, I'm happy to report that I'm now back to my pre-Meat Pie weight! Now if I can stick with it and lose a few more pounds, I will be back to my pre-burn weight and maybe -- just maybe -- be able to wear those pants that are in my closet gathering dust.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Woo hoo! The anticipation of seeing the pants is almost too much...