Friday, January 9, 2009

Random Act of Gratitude #9: An Unexpected Gift

It's no secret that I have some rather distinct scar tissue on my hands. One characteristic of this tissue is that it needs more moisturizing than normal since it cannot create enough natural moisture of its own. This being a Canadian winter, it's particularly important that I keep on top of it.

(Boy, isn't that a thrilling start to this entry? Nothing like discussing natural secretions of the epidermis.)

Anyway, this came up briefly and in passing at work the other day while I dutifully applied some lovely moisturizer.

Well, completely unexpectedly, Melissa, with whom I work, arrived with a gift of Cucina Hand Butter. Apparently she has experience with the aforementioned butter and thought of me when she was shopping.

And let me tell you, this stuff is pretty darned smashing!

And let me tell you, so is Melissa -- even without unexpected gifts! Thanks for thinking of me!

1 comment:

Keltie said...

I SWEAR by pure shea butter. And I mean truly unadulterated stuff. It's just incredible. I will try to grab some for you next time I'm shopping so you can try it out.