Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Random Act of Gratitude #14: Social Stream

Do you ever have one of those days when you suddenly seem very popular? Today I left work and began a steady stream of social interactions, each of which was very enjoyable (and had the added benefit of preventing me from being all workaholic tonight).

After work, I had a little appointment to meet up and chat with two wonderful friends and colleagues (though they're really much higher up on the hierarchy than me). It was a long-overdue visit (part shop-talk, part banter, part friendly chat) and the time flew by something fierce. (Thanks, Gerda and Glynnis!)

I grabbed drive-through (hello, friendly Wendy's lady!) and came home and munched away, finishing in time to get another call. Out I went to have dessert with another friend. (Thanks Dennis!)

When I came back home, there was my little blinking message light. I called one friend back and had a lovely long conversation (thanks, Keltie) during which another call beeped through, requiring a return call later on. That led, naturally, to another smashing conversation with a recently wested friend. (Thanks, John!)

Did I get a lot of work done?

Nope.

Am I concerned?

Nope.

Did I have a terribly enjoyable evening catching up with terribly enjoyable friends?

Yessirree!

1 comment:

Keltie said...

We need to talk on the phone so much more. I hurt from laughing when we're done.