Thursday, January 29, 2009

Random Act of Gratitude #29: Grocery Cashier

When stopping at the grocery store on the way home from work, I encountered an incredibly jovial and delightful cashier.

A woman in her fifties, I would guess, and with a distinct accent (my guess would be Ukranian) was keeping a running friendly banter with each of her customers without slowing her job. She was such a bundle of positive energy and humour.

My favourite was when she asked me, "Would you like cash back?" and, when I told her no thanks, her response was, "Good. I'm not giving you any."

She was bringing a smile to everyone's face in the line with her amusing chatter and with her laughter. (She had a good laugh when discussing a customer's sick husband and the possible consequences of his craving for bread.) I just love people who make a mundane task, like grocery shopping, and bring a little light to it.

No comments: