Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Random Act of Gratitude #28: Snow Jobs

Today was another day of continuously falling snow, and as it piled up, so, apparently, did the opportunities for some kindess from others.

At the end of the work day, a parent came into the office to ask somewhat concernedly whether the damage to my headlight was new or if I already knew about it. (I already knew about it. It's been damaged -- but functioning -- for quite some time, but the money to fix it hasn't been handy.) I asked how she noticed it, and at first I thought her answer was, "I dinged your car," but what she actually said was, "I cleaned your car." Seriously!

Upon arriving at home, where the neighbourhood was out in full swing shovelling, I discovered that at some point during the day a neighbour had snowplowed the walk in front of my house and up to the front porch. All I had to do was a quick shovel of the new snow. What a relief!

A snowy day and two -- count 'em two -- snow-related acts of kindness for which I'm thankful!

No comments: