Thursday, January 15, 2009

Random Act of Gratitude #15: Artistry in Motion

I could certainly use this entry to discuss a great visit I had tonight with Betsy and Jackie, but I don't want to be overly repetitive with "my friends are so great" entries, so instead ...

Today I had the chance to see a perfomance of At Nightfall by the Sursault Dance Company. An abstract, contemporary dance theatre production, it was filled with fascinating images, characters, and a simple, effective set and lighting. It was one of those performances that left me thinking, "Man, I want to be a dancer!" I love the opportunity to experience theatre that's outside of the mainstream (so long as it's well done, of course). I can imagine the fun these artists must have had creating the movements, particularly of the fantasy creatures that populate the piece.

And, to top it all off, the choregrapher and dancers made themselves available for quite an extensive Q & A session afterwards and were extremely down-to-earth and friendly. Thanks, Sursault! I loved it.

No comments: