Saturday, February 28, 2009

Random Act of Gratitude #59: Environmental Savings

Seriously. I'll be caught up before the weekend's through.

My class is doing a wee experiment to expand the composting program at the school, so I figured I'd better hurry up and get the new green bins, so off it was to the Habitat for Humanity store where the region distributes such things.

I'd hoped to get a new grey bin for my house, too, having lost mine to a ridiculous wind storm a year ago, but sadly, they were out.

BUT the news remains good! Apparently I had arrived on the final day of a deal wherein the green bins were only $6 (that's right, six bucks!). As of Monday, they're up to $16 (which still is a good deal; they're really nice bins).

Woot! $30 savings!

1 comment:

Sonya said...

You could have saved even more had you used my wallet to pay...