Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Random Act of Gratitude #42: The Best Policy

This evening, I had to cancel out on Sonya to see Happy Days: The Musical due to my need to visit the clinic to have someone look at my crazy right eye. Since yesterday it had gotten progressively more painful and red which is why I figured I should have it looked out sooner rather than later.

After a lengthy wait (which was the reason for having to cancel out), I was told it was a minor infection, given a prescription for eyedrops (another wait to get them), and sent on my way. After using the eyedrops for the first time along with some fake Advil, the pain was significantly reduced (I could blink without hurt) and the swelling was down.

Dennis dropped by, so I agreed to go to the old Costco with him (bought crackers -- woohoo) and then he offered to accompany me and have a coffee while I ate a wee dinner at Kelsey's.

A moment after arriving, Dennis went to pop into the washroom, but returned seconds later.

He'd found a hundred dollar bill on the floor and wanted to see if they knew whose it was. That's right, a hundred dollar bill.

At first the waitress was sort of saying, "It's your lucky day, then," but Dennis basically said, "Yeah, but seriously. Could it belong to one of the servers from a bill that was paid?"

Long story short, they found the waitress who had dropped it and to say thanks for his honesty (because clearly he could have pocketed it and let the girl deal with it when she cashed out) they offered us our meals on the house. Since Dennis had already had his supper, the result was that I got my meal free because of Dennis's good deed.

So thanks, Kelsey's, and thanks, Dennis!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! That's a great story! Even though it all occurred 'cause both of you turned me down tonight...

s