Sunday, February 22, 2009

Random Act of Gratitude #53: The Snack Lady Gives a Gift

Still catching up. Thanks for your patience. If you're not really that patient, then thanks for keeping your snide remarks to yourself.

At the board building where I work once a week, they used to have this delicious fruit tea from the London Fruit and Herb Company. I asked the woman in charge of food, drinks, snacks, and whatnot for the building's meetings and whatnot where she got it and was told (unsurprisingly) that she got it at Costco.

And thus began a year or more of disappointment in the tea aisle at Costco. As always happens when I like something (you hear me, delicious Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Pitas from Pita Break?), they stop stocking it.

In any case, I happened to comment a few weeks back when I saw Snack Lady (whose name is Patti, by the way) that I guess I would just have to move on.

She smiled and said, "You know, I still have almost a full box. I'll bring it for you."

AND SHE DID!

For the record, the Blackcurrent Bracer makes the room smell like wine gums when you brew it. Mmmmmm.

Thanks, Patti! You're the best Snack Lady EVER!

No comments: