Saturday, February 21, 2009

Random Act of Gratitude #52: Concerned Callers

Still making up for lost time.

By today, I was in full-fledged sick mode, and it was becoming clear that this was no run-of-the-mill sick for me. I was not enjoying things at all, and was in no way fit for public consumption. I spent the day sleeping in fits and starts, jumping between feeling freezing and roasting, with every muscle from the shoulder blades up jacked up on tension, and the list goes on and on and on.

Suddenly my long-established Saturday evening plans went out the window. (Sorry everyone!)

Now, you're thinking, where in the midst of this diatribe on self-pity does the gratitude come in? Let me tell you!

Upon hearing of the cancellation of my evening plans, a few friends called up to check up on me, to see if I needed anything from the drug store, and even to offer to bring me dinner made by kind-hearted husbands! As is a recurring theme in this project, I really have wonderful, caring friends.

No comments: