Thursday, April 2, 2009

Random Act of Gratitude #92: Words From the Past

I went to work today and found the strangest thing on my desk.

It was an envelope. It was addressed to me, and dated 2007.

Odd.

Apparently one of the kids found it after it fell out of a book.

I opened it.

I read it.

I laughed.

My dear friend Linda, who spent some time as a student teacher in my class two years ago, had left it like a time capsule in my box of Human Body materials waiting for me to crack it open again when the time came to teach the unit. Haha!

It was a smashingly kind and amusing note about her time in my class and hoping that the letter would find me well and happy. I can tell you that finding it made today that much more happy. Completely enjoyable.

Thanks, Linda! Your random act of kindness has directly led to my random act of gratitude today!

1 comment:

Sonya said...

I enjoyed that story even more the second time!