Saturday, April 11, 2009

Random Act of Gratitude #101: Parentally Bound

I was off to visit the parents this weekend and, in addition to excellent driving conditions and easy traffic, it was great to get up to see them. They make me laugh. They're currently in that place of having to plan what's going to be going on in their lives in the next year or two since retirement is coming up quickly and having no money certainly will have its effect on their plans.

Of course, that has meant that my very practical mother has already started purging the house of everything extraneous while my packrat father is left scrambling, trying to do his part but not really having the cut-throat approach to disposal that my mother expects. Very entertaining in its own right.

As for me, I've been doing my part by taking a few boxes from my stash there with me every time I return home after a visit.

I really have wonderful parents and it was grand to get up to visit over the Easter weekend.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

You really do! It was so great that you were actually able to visit them on a Holiday they often don't see you on. I bet they're still talking about it!