Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Random Act of Gratitude #91: The Genius of Bruno Coulais

I finally got the soundtrack for Coraline. About thirty seconds into the film, I thought, "I will have to get this soundtrack." It's worth it for the opening credits music alone. Naturally, it went into my car stereo immediately. I'm should crank that first track, with its odd, haunting melody sung by a children's choir, at stoplights with the windows down. Haha!

Of course, if you haven't seen the movie, you really should. Don't worry about bringing kids as props. You don't need 'em. See it in 3D if you can; it's stunning.

*Edited to add:

Ha! While driving to work today, it suddenly occurred that the "opening credits" music I referred to above was actually the closing credits music. It's the first track on the CD, but not from the start of the movie. I was trying to figure out where Track Two fit into the movie and suddenly went, "OH! That's the start!" Ha!

1 comment:

Sonya said...

I say, go more than once!