Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Random Act of Gratitude # 133: A Lunch in Exchange

I was going to make this entry about my good friend and director John, whose birthday it is, but since I just wrote about him (albeit briefly) a few days ago, I won't dwell too much upon the gratitude I feel for having had the chance to know and work with him over the past several years. He's truly a smashing individual and I'm always thankful that our initial working relationship segued into a great and valued friendship. It's also good that he'll always tell me what he thinks about me when it comes to performance and won't bother buttering me up. Ha!

But that's NOT what this entry is about! Instead it's about the lunch that Sarah provided today as a thank-you for the soup I shared with her yesterday.

On the menu:
* a delicious tuna and pickle sandwich
* some fresh sliced peppers, including the elusive orange pepper
* Big Turk.

Thanks, Sarah. You could have had that bowl of soup gratis, but since your lunch was WAY better than the one I gave, I guess I owe you an Oreo McFlurry or something.

(Oh my! It 09/09/09 today! What makes that even better is that each 9 is made of three 3s! So it's 3x3/3x3/3x3 or if you prefer 3,3,3/3,3,3/3,3,3! Woohoo!)