Thursday, September 3, 2009

Random Act of Gratitude #127: Exuberant McFolk

Alright, too often, perhaps, I have expressed gratitude for workers in the fast-food industry, it seems. Ha! But it's so easy for someone who is funny, fun, or just plain pleasant to make one's experience more enjoyable.

Today it was a quick trip around the Drive-Thru and the workers at both windows were very personable and smiley (but not the plastered-on-smiley you get from car sales people). The guy at the second window, in particular, clearly spends a lot of his day laughing. I'd shut off my car while I waited (having been told that it would just be a moment for my special order), and after he handed it out with a, "Well, here you go. At least you know it's going to be hot and fresh from the old grill," he then said, "Wow! Your car is so quiet!" I'm quite sure he knew it had been turned off, but was basically amusing himself, which always works for me.

Really, as a message to everyone who works in service, a little personality and pleasantness goes a long way.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

You should have met the guy who did our drive-through when I was in high school! Oh...wait...