Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Random Act of Gratitude #138: A Good Year

Well, the more calendar-conscious among you will have noticed that exactly a year has passed since my last post. I didn't stop posting because I stopped being thankful -- or because I stopped having anything for which to be thankful -- but because life ran away with me.

I'm quite sure that I could have filled the interim with gratitude on a daily basis, but in lieu of that (besides, my memory's not that good), I've decided to pick it up where I left off, albeit a year later, and continue. Suffice it to say that there really were many great things that happened in between. Christmas came and went, spent with family and friends, and there was much eating and jollity all around. I had the pleasure of playing The Mute in a charming little show called The Fantasticks, a large group of small actors made me proud in a show I wrote, I said, "See you later," to another group of graduates and students that had worked their way into my life's history, my parents retired, and I spent a nice portion of the summer visiting reading and spending time with people I enjoy, even when taking a course I didn't enjoy.

It truly was a good year.

No comments: