Saturday, September 18, 2010

Random Act of Gratitude #141: The Porch

My porch isn't anything impressive unto itself. It's not in great shape, it features no porch swing or impressive architecture. It doesn't wrap around the building and have room for a lovely jam session with a down-home junk band. There's no lazy beagle slumbering under my seat, or a shotgun propped up against the doorjamb.

But I love me my porch.

It's my favourite place to sit and read in fine weather or when the rain's falling (so long as the wind isn't blowing too sideways). But even this isn't the best, best thing about my porch.

My porch is a place for gathering. This year, more than ever, it's been a place to sit with friends, to chat about anything and nothing, to laugh more uproariously than the neighbours can understand, and to generally spend time in the presence of good people. Three distinct visits were had on my porch today alone.

I like my humble little porch. That's all there is to it.

No comments: