Friday, May 1, 2009

Random Act of Gratitude #121: A Day at Shaw

Today was Shaw Teacher's Day, at which I attended workshops and enjoyed myself immsensely at the same time.

This year was particularly enjoyable as several friends were in attendance and a few of us were in the same workshops. It's always great to go and get refreshed in the Arts. The workshops I attended were about makeup, wigs, and working with masks. The mask workshop was rather intimidating and a step out of my comfort zone (not because of the mask work, exactly, but because the facilitator was a bit demanding). Ha! Still, it was worth it in the end.

The only drawback to the day was the evening performance, usually a highlight of the day, which this year was a real let-down. It's not a good sign when half of the balcony leaves during intermission. It's also not a good sign when both Sarah and I wish we'd gone with them. Ha!

Still, a great day was had overall.

2 comments:

albie said...

Do mention what show you saw. I have tickets for the end of June and don't want to hear too late it's a dud!

Jerome said...

Let it be known that I support the Shaw and generally enjoy the productions there immensely.

*whew: got that out so that I can now say ...*

It was In Good King Charles's Golden Days. Yikes.